Saturday, June 11, 2011

PE3_iMovie


Background music

Another simple but effective tool is being able to drop in background music behind all of your clips, sound effects, and voice overs. When working with iMovie 11' in month one I did not realize the rediculous level to which you can set up audio in a project. I pretty much stuck with attaching audio directly to single clips, but now I will be able to layer audio in the foreground, and add global audio to the background of a project.



Editing to the Beat

This may be my single favorite audio function in iMovie 11'. I had no clue it was available. I came to Mac's because of music and spent a lot of time in Logic and Pro Tools, so the better the audio functions in iMovie, the more likely I will be to use it. So, editing to the beat entails dropping beat markers into a project at specific points to make transitions between clips and stills line up with the dynamic shifts in your audio. This effect, in my opinion, is there to add impact to a project, and depending on the quality of a sound track and footage some very neat things could happen. The demo surfing video in the tutorial actually becomes somewhat interesting one all the audio is customized in this way.



Certificate

And thats it, I can say for certain that I am looking forward to putting my new knowledge of iMovie 11' to practical use.   

No comments:

Post a Comment