Saturday, June 11, 2011

PE2_iMovie


Green Screen

I will be using the Green Screen advanced feature of iMovie 11' soon and often. I didn't realize it was going to be so simple. I figured there would have to be some kind of manual key application to the clip, not green screen as a standard effect, way cool. It couldn't be any more simple than dragging dropping a green screen clip over a background. I was also thrilled to see a four point garbage mask available to remove unwanted objects from a clip.
Bonus link to my green screen attempts. They need work.



Cutaway Image

There a host of other effects that can be applied to still images and clips that I found interesting. The cutaway is is much like green screen in iMovie, but in this instance, say you drop a still over a clip with someone speaking. The video plays, and cuts away to a still image while any narration continues to play in the background, only to return to the vide clip a short tim later. This is will be useful for connecting an idea with a specific image or clip.



Alternative View

The alternative view option harkens me back to my first experience with iMovie HD. After the changes are made to the window, you end up with the look and feel of a linear editor. I am much more familiar with this kind of project workflow, from Final Cut, Premiere Pro, and just about any pro audio software out there. At the moment I am not set on how I will control my own workflow when working in iMovie 11'. I have been working with the default view for three months now, and although I am more familiar with a linear presentation, I actually like the default setting. I have some playing around to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment