Saturday, June 11, 2011

PE1_iMovie

Although I have worked with iMovie for a number of years I have never quite managed to learn all its features on any one version. So, getting through these tutorials was somewhat of an accomplishment. My first Macbook Pro came with iMovie HD, and still love that version. When Apple released its successor I was less than impressed, so since then I have kept operational versions of every version of iMovie. iMovie 11' has thankfully, pleased me. Here are a few new things I have learned.


Advanced Features

I honestly did not know the advanced features existed, but I have only been running 11' since enrolling in Full Sail, so ill be talking about those quite a bit. I think one of the most useful features for me will be being able to mark video for quality with the touch of a button, and at the same time mark for deletion. I have imported over 30gigs of footage into iMovie on this mac already and its anything but organized. I also really like the idea of tagging  and filtering video with keywords. Not only will I be able to isolate quality from trash, I can speed the process of building  project by having clips labeled and searchable. Very cool.




Precision Editor

Another very cool advanced feature, the Precision Editor is ideal for projects like the upcoming iMovie assignment. With a project that leaves no room for error, and by that I mean 60 seconds no more and no less, this is going to be my tool of choice. Ill probably over shoot the time limit to start my video and then whittle it down with the editor. I cant wait to try this one out.


Video Stabilization

I don't know why I've avoided this option in the past, and I am sure I have thrown out footage in the past because I didn't use it. It sees like a no brainer, as long as you have enough time to apply the effect on import. So, next time I import from my HD camera i'll just go ahead and add video stabilization from the get go, in hopes of avoiding that jerky footage I often seem to get.


No comments:

Post a Comment